Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Allied Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation after turn four
My activation dice land 3, 2 and 1. I reroll the 3 and 2, but disastrously get two 1s.
My infantry in area 1 advance obliquely to their right.
The AI's activation dice are 6, 5, 4 and 3. The 6 is rerolled, becoming 1.
The infantry in area 1 advance from Maceira.
The one-strength infantry in area 3 advance and fire at my one-strength unit on the hill. Their two dice are reduced for firing after moving, but they roll 6, eliminating my unit. The other infantry in area 3 descend the hill in the direction of Vimeiro.
The forward infantry in area 4 ascend the hill and attack my three-strength infantry. Their four dice are increased for meleeing after moving, and they roll 6, two 2s and two 1s, reducing my unit to two-strength. The other infantry in area 4 occupy Vimeiro, General Junot advances obliquely a hex to be adjacent to three friendly units (he prefers being further up the map if he has a choice of two equally enticing hexes), the cavalry remain still, and so do the artillery.
The infantry in area 5 advance obliquely to their right, a direction chosen by applying the sixth TB1 tiebreaker, ie that the hex is nearer Vimeiro.
Vimeiro is firmly in French control

No comments:

Post a Comment